Mixed Berry Compote & Chia Cream Breakfast Pots
- 250 ml mixed berries - fresh or frozen
- 60 ml orange juice
- 15 ml honey (or more if you prefer it sweeter)
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 15 ml chia seeds
- 30 ml honey
- 45 ml almond butter*, melted
- 375 ml Almond Breeze Original Almond Milk
- 5 ml vanilla paste
- 90 ml chia seeds
- Extra berries, honey, orange zest and toasted flaked almonds for serving
*Almond butter may be replaced with peanut butter or macadamia butter.
- Combine the berries, orange juice, honey and orange zest in a small saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat for 5 – 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 serving glasses and leave to cool.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Melt the honey and almond butter together.
- Combine with the almond milk and vanilla paste.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and stir to mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and stir well.
- Spoon on top of the now set compote in the serving glasses.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with more almond butter and top with extra berries, orange zest and toasted almond flakes.