Smoked Salmon, Leek and Caper Tart with Almond Milk Filling
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 roll (400 g) ready rolled puff pastry (dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) thyme leaves, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 500 g washed leeks
- Olive oil
- 200 g smoked salmon ribbons, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped thyme
- A small handful of chopped parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-45 ml) baby capers
- 1 cup (250 ml) Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 extra large free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease a deep 25 cm quiche tin.
- Roll the pastry slightly thinner on a floured surface (it should about 3 mm thick).
- Scatter the thyme over pastry and season with a little salt and a grinding of pepper. Roll into pastry to flavour.
- Line the quiche tin with pastry and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and sauté the leeks over a gentle heat until they are soft and fragrant. Cool.
- Scatter the leeks over tart shell and dot over the salmon and capers. Scatter with herbs and season well.
- Whisk almond milk and eggs together until well combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the filling is just set and turning golden.
- Remove and cool slightly before unmoulding and serving.
Cook’s tip: Serve with a delicious green salad of crunchy leaves and avocado.